I'm a 3D environment/prop artist. I'm skilled in both low and high poly modeling, Hard surface modeling, organic modeling, texturing, shader building and lighting. I use both 3DS Max and Maya. For texturing, I use primarily Substance Painter and Designer. I use both Unreal 4 and Unity game engines.
- Modeling props and environments using Maya and Blender
- Texturing props and environments using Substance Painter, Photoshop and using trim sheets
- constructing environments in Unreal 4
- Modeled city and theater environment and props in Maya
- Made animations for a Vehicles and objects
- Created textures, UV unwrapping both stylized and realistic, in Photoshop and Substance
Designer and Substance Painter (PBR)
- Created realistic and stylized concepts for clients
- Rendered stills in Vray, Redshift and Fstrom
- Made design briefs for clients
- Implemented assets in Unity
- Modeled low poly Mobile/VR ready assets, rendered and baked textures in VRay
- Troubleshooted technical issues and optimization
- Assisted in creating new pipelines
• Fixed assets from outsourcing artists
• Creating shaders in Unreal 4
• Creating realistic shaders in Unreal 4 using tileable textures and decals
• Implementing assets into Unreal 4
• Rendering out assets via Photogrammetry
• Cleaning up high poly photogrammetry assets and created unique hard surface and
organic surfaced models
• Managing and troubleshooting photogrammetry pipeline issues
• Look Dev
• Modeling low poly assets, unwrapping and applying PBR materials the assets
• Lighting Environments in Unreal 4 and created HDR lighting with HDR Light Studio.
Troubleshooting lighting and lightmap issues
• Creating simple, complex and realistic shaders in Unreal 4 and troubleshooting shader issues
• Managing all assets from outsourcing artists and Edited images and video in After Effects .
Projects: Viacom Viewing Rooms (A Quiet Place, Mission Impossible 6), Crypto Space Commanders, MLB
• Creating 3D models (hard surface, high poly and low poly) in Maya and ZBrush and their UV layouts
• Created 2D and 3D concepts
• Responsible for Look Development
• Building and lighting scenes in Unity for VR Experiences and VR viewing rooms.
• Creating 3D hard surface models for an upcoming space game.
• Creating 3D assets and a crypto collectible game for a major sports league.
• Painting PBR textures in Substance Painter and editing them in Photoshop.
• Creating shaders in Unity.
• Optimizing and updating older assets to better fit the requests of our clients.
• Troubleshooting technical issues in Maya, Substance Painter and Unity
Projects: Untitled VR Game
• Creating 3D hard surface models and UV layouts in 3DS Max and ZBrush
• UV maps, Color ID maps and Normal maps for models.
• Creating PBR textures using Substance Painter and importing everything into Unreal 4.
• Troubleshooting any technical issues others may be having with their work and programs.
• Taught tutorials for different workflows, pipelines, shader creation in Unreal and techniques to use in Substance Painter.
Projects: Where Angles Meet
• Creating 3D models and UVs in 3DS Max for a VR Experience for the Oculus Go.
• Managed assets from outsource artists.
• Creating new PBR textures and for existing and new assets using Substance Painter.
• Building scenes and set dressing for indoor and outdoor environments in Unity.
Projects: Pixar’s Coco VR (now Emmy nominated), Nasa Mission: ISS, Disney Movies VR app.
• Creating low poly, retopo and optimizing models from high poly movie assets for an Emmy nominated licensed IP for both the Oculus Rift and Gear VR.
• Making texture pages and creating new PBR materials using Substance painter and Substance Designer.
• Importing the models into Unity engine.
• Troubleshooting shader problems and problems in Unity.
• Creating cards in place of static assets in order to increase the frame rate.
• Creating colliders and optimizing LOD assets and textures to improve frame rates and memory usage.
Projects: Untitled PC fighting game
• Creating 3D models for the Unity store and Unreal 4.
• Creating new UV maps and texture pages in substance painter, using the physical based rendering (PBR workflow) for existing assets uploaded from our company.
• Collaborating in small teams on different indie projects as a 3D artist.
• Using both high poly and low poly modeling techniques to model new 3D models in 3DS Max and ZBrush.
• Optimized any existing art from our studio and outsourced artist, and changed existing textures to fit our clients’ design notes, frame rate limits and memory restrictions.
Projects: VBS children’s book 2013 and 2014
• Created artwork for children’s books and posters that were based on the curriculum created by the writer of the book and leadership at the church.
• Used photoshop to clean up the work and paint the color pictures.
• Taught Bible classes, mentored, and tutored the youth.
Projects: Hotrod Hustle
• Headed the modeling of multiple car engine parts, created cube maps and shaders to be used in Unity.
• Maintained constant communication with the art director and maintain good time management in order to meet deadlines and maintain quality.
• Troubleshooting any technical issues with artwork.
Projects: Mystic Rumble
• Collaborated in the creation of concept art while creating the art style of our mobile game.
• Created 3D modeled characters (both high and low poly) and created the UV unwrap and texture maps.
• Trained and held tutorials for other artists and mentored others with their artwork.
• Collaborated with a small mod team to make a first-person shooter in Unreal Engine.
• Supervised of all low poly 3D polygonal modeling and optimization to ensure proper frame rate limits.
• Headed and created UV mapping, texturing, sculpting detail in Z Brush, environment populating, and shader creation.
• Assisted the art lead in directing the team with conceptual art and work submission pipeline.
• Regularly performed tutorials for the younger artists and assisted them in the creation of their artwork.